Properly installed and maintained driveways made from concrete can last you a long, long time. Most experts in driveway repair MN say that they can last between 25 and 50 years. In the United States there are about 16 billion tons of asphalt pavement lining the roads. Much of this asphalt can be recycled. At least 67.3 million tons of the material were reclaimed and recycled in 2013.
Talk to the homeowners you know. If you know people who own their own home, you probably know at least one person who has had to hire a company to do driveway repair MN. Ask your friends, relatives and neighbors if they have ever had to get this service at their home. This is one of the best ways to find quality services and goods. You may not end up going with the same contractor but you can get started on a list of options for your home.
- Check online. Many cities and towns have Facebook groups and pages that were specifically set up to promote local businesses. Check for these in your area. If there are no posts about driveway repair MN, go ahead and post the question. You will get responses that can be very helpful to your search for a quality driveway contractor.
- Check the Better Business Bureau. Once you have a list of some of the driveway contractor, make it a point to check out the Better Bureau website and see if the businesses you are looking at hiring have any complaints that have been filed against them.
- Look at testimonials. Many contractors have testimonials from people who have worked with them in the past. Take the extra step of checking them to make sure they are correct. It is possible to make up testimonials to place on a website. You can go through and verify that any companies they work with are still around.
- Ask for references. Reputable driveway repair companies will have no problem giving you references. You may even want to take the time to drive by some of the homes where they have done driveway repairs or full on installation. That can be a great way to check out how the driveways look and how well they are holding.
- Check the credentials of the driveway companies. Before they start the work on your home, you need to make sure that the company has the proper insurance, bonding and licenses. If you are doing a big job, you should also check with your local government to check and see if you have to get any permits before you have the work done. The contractor often takes care of that but if they drop the ball, you will be responsible. Similarly, if you do not make sure the company has the appropriate insurance. If you skip this step, you could be legally liable if something happens during the course of your job. Verify anything that they tell you.
- Get several quotes. Have the contractors come to your home and give you detailed estimates for your project. When you get this in writing, you will have an easier time making your comparisons and making a decision. Make sure they give you detailed quotes so you are totally clear on what they will be expected to do and what you will be expected to pay. This protects both you and them.
- Pay attention to how much concrete they will use. Some driveway contractors will try to scrimp on the amount of concrete they use on a project. The asphalt needs to be at least three inches deep. Make sure they are planning to put that amount down.
- If a company offers you a deal that seems to good to be true, it is. Often contractors will walk around neighborhoods offering specials rates on a number of services for the home. Do not fall for these offers. The work is often substandard and will cost more in the long run.
When you are looking for someone to do a driveway repair MN, it is possible to find the right company for your project and home. It just takes a little work and effort to get the right one.