There are some statistics worth noting about shipping containers for this article. They pertain to the uses for shipping containers, the uses for discarded shipping containers, their characteristics, and more. They are:
- Some of the world’s biggest container ships are about 1,300 feet long with a maximum width of 180 feet (55 meters).
- 675 shipping containers are lost at sea each year.
- There are currently over 17 million shipping containers in circulation globally with the number of active shipping containers at more then five million.
- If shipping containers are taken care of with regular maintenance, they can last for a total of 20 years.
- 95% of the world?s cargo moves by ship.
- A standard TEU container holds around 3,500 shoe boxes, and a 40ft high cube holds more than 8,000 shoe boxes.
- There are around 17 million shipping containers in the world, with only 6 million of these in use. So approximately 11 million shipping containers are currently unused.
- For each recycled shipping container we are reusing around 3,500kg worth of steel.
- Studies of IT and accounting workers found the employees switched their focus from one project to another on an average of every 10.5 minutes.
- The average individual workstation has shrunk from 80 square feet in 1992 to 39 square feet this year.
These are many significant issues. Shipping containers have been used for a great deal of time to move cargo across the seas. This was likely true of the first merchant sailing ships the two millennia ago to the present day when a shipping barge can be the length of a football field.
This leads to a lot of containers being used and some of them aren’t operable on the seas for a large length of time. There are other uses for them, however, with more people looking at them as a way to house documents or for storage. Other people are looking to build residences out of them.
Shipping containers have many great qualities. They are low cost form of housing, capable of withstanding fire, hurricane size winds, tornadoes, hail, and other natural disaster forms. They are easy to put together; many modular houses can be built in less than three weeks, while it may take three months to build a regular home.
Modular houses are relatively cheap as well. They happen when four or more shipping containers are stacked together, creating a four bedroom or three bedroom apartment fairly easily. The same can be said for building a house. There are many reasons for this that are good. Shipping containers are also used for other buildings.
Shipping containers are starting to be used for offices. This is the reason for the statistic above. Shipping containers are soundproof, which helps people who are working get better piece of mind while they work. This is important for high stress jobs or jobs that require a great deal of concentration.
Shipping containers have also been used for hotels, which is a powerful thing. In the past couple of years, a hotel in the United Kingdom was made out of shipping containers. This is super powerful. There are many positive qualities to using shipping containers for different things.
There are some terms worth knowing. They are shipping containers for sale NYC, steel cargo container, steel shipping containers, storage container modifications, storage containers, storage containers for sale CT, storage containers for sale NJ, storage containers for sale NY, storage containers NJ, things you didn’t know about storage containers, and more.
40 foot shipping containers are used for many things as well. 40 foot shipping containers can be turned into apartments, with the long end being the horizontal area. 40 foot shipping containers can be used for offices, with multiple offices in one shipping container. 40 foot shipping containers can also be used for hotels and other things.
There are many positives about shipping containers that are worth noting. Because they are durable, they can last a great deal of time, sometimes up to 25 years if they are maintained correctly. This makes them good for storage as well as living, because they can store medical equipment and documents for a long length of time.
This durability makes shipping containers great for other purposes as well. The durability makes them great for construction sites, because they are strong and can stand a lot of wear. They are also good for temperatures.