If you business has a parking lot, you probably know how important it is to keep it looking great. Your parking lot is the first thing people see when they approach your business. If it looks terrible, they may just take their business elsewhere. If you do not have your own sweeper trucks, you may want to hire a street sweeping company to clean up your parking lot.
- Ask around. Do you know other businesses in the area? Who helps them when they need their parking lot swept with sweeper trucks? The best way to find good products and services is through a personal referral. Ask how they found the company, how they like working with them and what they charge. Check online for reviews and other issues. Sites like Yelp! can be helpful. Many areas have Facebook groups dedicated to promoting local businesses. If you are in the Washington, DC area, for example, you can check Facebook for these pages and see what locals are saying about companies who offer DC parking lot sweeping services. Remember that people are more likely to complain than compliment so if you see a lot of bad reviews that are posted anonymously, you should take that with a grain of salt.
- Find a company that asks you a lot of questions. Unless you are taking over a business from someone else and the parking lot sweeping services company has been providing that service for your location, they should have questions for you. At the very least, they should ask about how often you will need their sweeper trucks to clean your lot, how much debris is normally a problem and if there are any special things they need to know about.
- How much do they know about pavement? There are a number of different kinds of pavement out there. Asphalt can vary in its quality, porous nature, etc. Every kind of asphalt has different needs. More and more companies are using more porous materials for the construction of parking lots. The kind of sweeper truck that is used will differ depending on the material of the parking lot. The reason more porous materials are being used for parking lots is that they prevent many problems that are often associated with storm water runoff. A reputable company will understand the need for different kinds of equipment and will work with you to get the best result for your parking lot.
- Ask about their equipment. If you know that you have a very porous parking lot, the best kind of sweeper trucks for your situation mare those with vacuum sweepers. These are best for cleaning and restoring the filtration systems that are used in porous parking lots. Some other surfaces are better cleaned and cleared with mechanical sweeper trucks and these are easier to maneuver. Some companies use regenerative air sweepers. The company you hire should have a few kinds of sweeper trucks they use for different kinds of jobs. They should be experienced and know which will work best for your parking lot.
- What is their policy for unexpected issues? The more experience the street sweeping company has, the more they will be able to deal and manage unexpected problems and situations as they come up. These problems can be weather related. Again, the Washington, DC area sometimes sees blizzards. If you have a business around the area and need a Northern Virginia commercial sweeping company, you should be comfortable knowing they are experienced at helping after the storm has passed and the snow has melted. There may be a lot of debris that needs to be cleared after all of that. They may see problems such as cracks in the pavement when they are doing a routine cleaning, they can help you get the problem fixed. Having those workers keep an eye out for potential problems with your parking lot can help you keep your repair costs down. If you have a need for your parking lot to be cleaned because of a problem such as a burst pipe, you need to know the company will be there for you.