Your husband has always hated summer.
Sure, he loves the chance to get out on the golf course after work and has enjoyed the longer days of June, July, and August. From the day that you were first married, however, you have been a teacher. For your husband, summer means that he goes to work and you do not. It only takes until the second or third day of summer for your husband to get that look. The look that makes you feel guilty.
His work as a TMS systems manager is exhausting and stressful While you and the girls may be a the beach or the pool he is watching several computer monitors at once to monitor the types of transportation broker software report that can make or break a company.
Now that you have two daughters the school calendar is even more apparent. It is as if he can handle to head into work everyday while you and the girls are in school, but as soon as the summer vacation begins his enthusiasm for work wanes. For the most part what this means is that when he does take days off work you really need to make the most of that time. In fact, you have prided yourself in planning the THE BEST family vacations:
- This means planning time on every trip to fit in a favorite activity for everyone. This might mean an early morning golf gameyou’re your husband and youngest daughter or a sunset hike for the whole family.
- Having a plan for breaks while you are on vacation is important. Even if you are at a theme park that is known as the happiest place on earth, an off day to relax by the pool or enjoy the hotel room is a great idea that keeps you refreshed and ready for the next adventure.
- Embrace the local cuisine. Your family loves food adventures. Your have enjoyed cooking classes in Greece as much as cowboy dinners around the firepit on a family camping trip.
- Budgeting your trip makes every vacation more enjoyable. Whether you save all of the change for a year to use as spending money or you put aside a certain amount every month, every vacation is more fun if you have some fun money and do not have to spend the whole time pinching pennies.
- Early morning walks allow your family a chance to enjoy the cooler weather of a hot summer vacation. On the beach it means you can search for shells; in the mountains it means you can catch a look at the local wildlife.
- Stay in a great place. You do not always have to stay at a fancy hotel when you travel. Some of the latest house sharing platforms allow families to rent entire homes, allowing you time for a home cooked meal every now and then.
- Time for exploring. Some families like to plan for every minute of a vacation. The most fun trips, however, are often when families allow themselves to experience the unexpected!
If you are trying to plan THE BEST family vacation it is important to pay attention to a variety of important details. And while a great family vacation does not require all of the work that it takes to plan as it does to run a trucking company, there are still a few similarities. The TMS system reports may be more important to the profitability reports for your company, but your vacation planning can also determine success. TMS systems track shipments and deliveries, but your itinerary work can plan for your family’s enjoyment. Nearly 12 million trucks, rail cars, locomotives, and vessels move goods over the transportation network, and approximately 5.9 million commercial motor vehicle drivers operate in the U.S. When you get ready to plan a family vacation, however, it can sometimes feel as if you have the weight of the world on your shoulders. But just as TMS systems can help track shipments and deliveries, a well planned family vacation can also go smoothly it you take the time to plan.