The season of Bobcats and excavators is winding down in many parts of the country. As cold temperatures arrive and there are fewer and fewer construction projects are started in the coldest states in the nation, there are many businesses that are looking at performing important repairs on travel motors, excavator drive motors, and other important pieces of machinery.
Did you know, for instance, that many of the machines that we rely on for construction projects are only successful because of the power of the motors that are used. From the highest quality excavator drive motors produced by Caterpillar, Komatsu, and John Deere, to the smaller motors that are used on smaller machines, routine maintenance plays an important role. In fact, the top of the line engines, as well as their less expensive counterparts rely on mechanics who know what problems to look for and what maintenance that needs to be done.
The Best Mechanics Can Keep Any Construction Business Running More Smoothly
Whether you are a large or a small construction or building company you likely rely on many kinds of machines. As a result, making sure that all of those machines are in the best working order is an important part of many companies. Addressing problems as soon as they are noticed and making small repairs before they become huge issues is essential. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many kinds of machines that the construction industry relies on:
- Excavators can weigh anywhere in between 3,790 and 188,716 pounds.
- Compact, mid-size, and large are the three different sizes that excavators come in.
- How do I know when to call a personal injury lawyer?
- The revenue of machinery maintenance and heavy equipment repair services in the U.S. totaled around $29 billion.
- Between 2016 and 2026, the construction equipment industry is expected to grow 12%.
- There were 426,000 jobs in the construction equipment operation industry in 2016.
Excavators net rated power can range from 14.5 horsepower to 512 horsepower, so it is clear that there are a number of jobs that rely on these powerful machines. In turn, these machines rely on powerful and well maintained engines to be able to do the work that is required of them.